Monday 25 June 2007

One of my favorite times of the year is Royal Ascot. Riding in the carriage was quite bumpy and my wrist still hurts but it was worth it. I just love horse racing. But what I love just as much about Ascot are the hats. Multi-feathered, satellite dish shaped creations - absolutely hilarious. My granddaughter Zara tends to walk on the wild side with her hat. Here she is, pictured with ME, wearing something that seems to be a leopard spotted tv antenna. I don't mind this at all, and I'm sure that I've worn much worse than this. Remember the hat I wore during my Silver Jubilee celebrations, the pink one with the bells? What was I thinking?

Anyways, had a great time at Ascot. Andrew brought a friend with him - someone who makes Fergie look like the most stylish woman on the planet. I could barely make it past all of the chiffon and feathers to tea. I was always taught by Mummy that one musn't point and laugh when someone is wearing a funny hat. At times I couldn't see a thing, I should have told her 'Off with her hat!'

Anyways, my boxes have just arrived, so I must go.

© The Queen

No comments: