Thursday 5 July 2007

My Purse

When people see me with my ubiqutious purse, many people may wonder, what does she carry in it? After all, it's not as if I need to carry money. Also I've read that people think that I send signals with my purse, moving it from one arm to the other, to tell my lackeys that someone is taking up too much of my time. True, but its also nice to change arms every once in a while. In any event, I've decided to reveal, for the first time, exactly what my purse holds:

Lipstick

Glasses - of course

Default speech - in case called upon to deliver at short notice. I can't remember the last time someone asked ME to do this. Hopefully my jokes about Monica Lewinsky are still relevant.

Handkerchief - my ladies in waiting can't carry it all!

An address book - one never knows when you'll need to call the President of France


Baby Glock - I thought the name was cute and it's also for protection. I've never felt safe since my policemen dropped the ball on my security.

A cell phone - I always have it on vibrate so as not to disturb people at banquets. So rude!

Pen - Many times I'm asked to sign an official photograph. You wouldn't believe the number of times the pen runs out of ink. So I've decided to bring my own. It's a really nice pen, so nice that I've had to wrestle it back from Laura Bush.

Business cards - So handy! I can share my email address, website and blog without having to rummage for pen and paper.

© The Queen

No comments: